Public Services

House Checks

We provide this service to homeowners who are away for a period of time. People find this most useful when they are gone over the winter months. We will do visual checks of your house, and if something is found to be unusual, we will perform a physical check to the exterior of the residence to determine if there is a problem. If a problem is found, we will notify the contact person on the house check sheet. These forms can be picked up at the Clintonville Police Department at any time.

Home Security Surveys

The Clintonville Police Department’s Crime Prevention Officer can do a free survey of your home and make recommendations for added security at low costs. This survey covers the interior and exterior of your residence. For this service, you will need to call Clintonville Police Department at 715-823-3117 to schedule a time. This program is available only to City of Clintonville residents.

Temporary Plate Issuance

Wisconsin law requires buyers of cars and small trucks (8000 pounds or less) to display a permanent or temporary plate within two business days of purchase. Driving without plates is subject to a maximum fine of $200. Handmade ‘LAF' (license applied for) plates are not acceptable. The Wisconsin dealer or financial institution involved in the sale provides temporary plates free to Wisconsin residents. Temporary plates issued to Wisconsin residents are valid for 90 days. Out of state residents purchasing a vehicle in Wisconsin may obtain a temporary plate valid for 30 days for a fee of $3 plus any application and service fees.

The Clintonville Police Department can issue a temporary plate, a cardboard license plate, which you can display on your vehicle until your metal plates arrive in the mail from DMV. We will take your application; check to make sure it is completed correctly and collect all fees due to DMV. The temporary plate is good for 90 days from the date of purchase by which time you should receive your metal plates.

In order to receive a temporary plate there are three items needed being title, application for title and registration (MV1) and payments. First you will need a signed title with any lien releases. Then an MV1 form, which is available at the Police Department, has to be filled out with all application fees in the form of a check or money order made out to Registration Fee Trust. There is also a separate $5 service fee for the Clintonville Police Department, which is not to be included in the application fees.

Vehicle Renewals & Registrations

Clintonville Police can provide certain title, registration and/or registration renewal services for walk-in customers between the hours of 7:00am- 7:00pm Monday through Friday, and 7:00am to 12:00pm on Saturday. Depending upon the transaction, plates or stickers are given to the customer upon completion. The titles are printed and mailed from DMV in Madison. Charges for service fee are $10 for a renewal transaction and $19.50 for a title transaction (in addition to DMV title or registration fees). For further questions call (715) 823-3117.
City of Clintonville | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2020 Intrado Corporation.