City of Clintonville, Wisconsin


Home Up

   

Building Inspections

The City’s Building Inspection and Assessment Department is responsible for issuing permits, conducting inspections, enforcing the zoning code, and providing staff support to the City Plan Commission.  The goal of the Department is to provide professional and cost-effective inspection services that will ensure that our homes and businesses are constructed correctly and with quality materials in order to preserve public safety and neighborhood property values.  Until June 1999, the City employed one full-time Building Inspector/Assessor.  In addition, he acted as the Health Officer.  This employee retired and the City is now contracting with two firms, SAFEbuilt, to provide Building Inspection services and Keystone Appraisal Group, to provide Assessing Services. The Health Officer responsibilities have been given to the Public Works Manager.   There is no expense for Building Inspection because the fee paid to the firm is 80 percent of the revenues collected.  The City pays them no other fee and keeps the remaining 20 percent of the revenues.

 

A building permit is needed for a variety of building projects.  Some examples of projects that would need a building permit are:  
  • Building an addition on your house
  • Building a garage
  • Building a deck
  • New wiring
  • Installing a new furnace or A/C
  • Remodeling your house
  • Installing new siding
  • Installing new windows in your house
  • New plumbing
  • Changing the pitch of your roof

 

The City has contracted with SAFEbuilt for a part-time building inspector.  Their hours are Monday and Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.  Inspections and additional office hours are available by appointment.

Please check with the building inspector or City Hall if you are unsure whether you need a building permit.  Building permits must be obtained before starting your project or the fees will be doubled.

 

To schedule an inspection call 920-212-7900 or email greenbayinspections@safebuilt.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

©Copyright 2002-2016 City of Clintonville, Wisconsin.  All rights reserved.
Please send any comments / questions on this website to our
webmaster